Your first visit to us involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page – you'll find all the practical information you need such as payment policies and first visit procedures. You can even save time by completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment:
The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health.
Your First Visit
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. Be ready to provide your medical history, which will be essential for preparing a course of treatment for you. Medical records, such as diagnostic test results, or imaging results, such as X-Rays and MRIs, also will provide important information about your condition.
Certain things in your health history are particularly vital to a chiropractor. This information could provide important clues that will allow your chiropractor to properly diagnose your problem. Such clues include whether you have or have had:
- Bone disorders, such as osteoporosis
- Circulatory problems (poor circulation could be a sign that you have a subluxation, for example)
- Dizziness or blurred vision
- Heart conditions such as hypertension or high blood pressure
- Infections, especially those affecting your spine
- Injuries, such as bone fractures, muscle sprains, or disc injuries
- Joint disorders such as arthritis
- Sleep apnea
Be prepared to answer such questions as:
- Did the onset of your pain immediately follow an injury?
- Is there anything you do that improves or worsens the pain?
- When and how did your pain start?
- Where is the pain centered?